A hair story

At the moment I am completely obsessed with hair. For the past 2 years I have been "growing my hair" and it has got to the stage where I just. want. it. to. be. long! I cut it all off at the beginning of 2012 and absolutely loved it. (I have to apologise for the millions of selfies in this post- I only have early photos from my extremely vain instagram account!) This is what it initially looked like:



Casual hand placement

It was automatically styled with zero effort from me and required little to no daily upkeep. It felt really me and for 6 months of regular, expensive hair appointments it was great. However, paying £30 every 4 weeks for maintenance, it wasn't as practical as I hoped. I found myself yearning after hair I could curl and braid and play with and thus begun the journey of growing my hair.

After about 4 months I dyed it black because I was sick of it.


Which wasn't exactly a great idea in hindsight!

And then it slowly started to grow until I could put it up and start playing with it; it was a very exciting day when I first put it in a ponytail!



So when I went travelling and took a billion pictures, it was at a horrible awkward length!


By the time I started uni, it had got to an acceptable mid length and I reinstated my fringe. Oh, and I dyed it horrendously red. Whenever I get sick of my hair I seem to make an awful dye choice!


Living in a house of boys, my hair never really bothered me to be honest, the fringe kept it styled and I liked starting to experiment with it, putting it up in a bun or half up half down- wild, I know. By the end of the year I was itching to cut it all off again. I wanted it short and styled again. I wanted to cut it SO BADLY! The colour had all gone and it was just boring brown, though it looked nice for my summer ball:


To resist The Chop, I did what every 14 to 20 year old did this year and got ombre. It looked surprisingly nice, and being light was enough of a change to make me put down the scissors,



Hair credit to Dove Al-Hajjaj

For the summer I was content. But as any girl knows, after a while your reflection becomes too familiar, too boring and you just want a change! So this year I decided to start the painstaking process of growing out the fringe I've sported since I was fourteen. It's been long and hard and I just can't wait for the day I don't need to pin it! Though I'm sure by then I'll be sick of not having a fringe and cut it in again ;)



Now I just need to find the ridiculous amount of hair grips that I have bought and subsequently lost since September and wait for the goddess of hair growth to bless me with the long, one-length hair I surely deserve!

And thus concludes a long and pointless post on the history of my hair.

Thank you for pretending to care :)

This entry was posted on Sunday, November 30, 2014 and is filed under ,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

2 Responses to “A hair story”

  1. I was just browsing some casual hand placements and I don't know how I came across this but I, personally, thought it was pretty cool (having just shaved my head 3 months ago).
    Anyway, it's coming back nicely. You look really pretty with your hair, no matter the length.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was researching Enrico Fermi and studying neutrinos when I had a sudden and profound urge to look up natural hand placements, and I came across this as well! I also ended up reading the whole article and found it interesting to see the progression since I'm similarly growing out my hair, but its probably more because of the weed.

      Delete

I love to hear from you guys :)